Friday, September 18, 2020

Storybook Plan

My Storybook Plan is fairly well explained in one of my previous blog posts. It includes information about the stories I am likely going to write for my Storybook this semester, as well as my sources for each story.

I think my Storybook will be an anthology of different stories. Each story revolves around different attractions in Disneyland, occurring to different people. Some stories will be told in a flashback mode, where people tell their stories to the media, which was then published in the newspaper the next day. Others will be told in a first person point of view. They will be describing the horrors they experienced while on various rides in the park. 

There are two main ideas I am looking to explore in my Storybook. Even a fun, delightful place that appears to be perfect in every way can have a dark side. There's always stuff going on behind the scenes that the general public don't know, and this Storybook will tell the horrors of what has happened or could happen. The other overarching idea I want to iterate through these stories is to just be careful and do your best to stay safe. While some bad things that happen in life are inevitable, like dying of old age or getting the flu, many people get hurt because they were doing stupid things and not thinking of their own safety. A large property, like an amusement park, will have its own set of dangers that, if you're not paying attention or being reckless, could end in a terrible accident.

"View of Floating Open Book from Stacked Books in Library" via Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...