Friday, September 4, 2020

Week 2 Review

I loved the "Bear Feet vs. Bare Feet" photo from Friday's announcements. As a public relations major, I've always been a big stickler for grammar, particularly with homophones like "there", "their", and "they're", and other grammar differentiations similar to that. It always drives me insane when people repeatedly use the wrong word and have no idea they're wrong or insist that they're correct.

The photo in question, from Friday's Course Announcements

I also loved the "How to Build a Fictional World" video. I never thought about the work that can go into creating a fictional world. I believe it comes down to one aspect: details. The more detail that can be provided for the world allows the reader, watcher (if it's a television show), or player (if it's a video game), immerse themselves into the setting. In addition, the possibilities are endless, as the only limit is one's imagination. While creating a fictional world can be time-consuming, I believe the payoff of the immersive experience would be well worth it.

"How to Build a Fictional World", via YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...