Saturday, September 12, 2020

Week 3 Review

The demicolon photo was pretty funny to me. I feel like when I’m writing, my public relations studies have taught me to use brevity, making words and sentences as concise as possible, all of the time. I use semicolons fairly often; however, I feel as though I overuse them. In the same breath, I don’t want to make all of my sentences incredibly simple because that makes my writing very boring. If the demicolon was a real, accepted punctuation mark in journalism, I would be using it all of the time!


Demicolon Infograph, from Friday’s Course Announcements


In addition, the video about the two sons working on 9/11 was very emotional. As I was listening, I started getting choked up. Losing a child or a family member from 9/11 sounds absolutely heartbreaking, more or less losing two of your sons. My heart goes out to that family, and any family, that experienced tragedy as a result of 9/11. #NeverForget


"John and Joe", via YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...