Sunday, September 27, 2020

Week 5 Review

I thought the punctuation personalities were pretty accurate. I always love the "Which X are you?" type of things, and the punctuation marks fit with the personalities very well. I think I would have to be a semicolon; I usually will text my friends to get together, and if someone is sitting alone at a lunch table, my friends and I will ask them to come sit with us. Even when I'm at home for just a weekend, I'll almost always text my three best friends (who go to OSU and SWOSU) and ask if they're also home for the weekend and want to get lunch. This semester, we've met up on Zoom once for a game night, and I'm thinking about texting them sometime soon to do another one. 

"Punctuation Social Personalities", from Thursday's Course Announcements

Hearing about how comics can help people become smarter was very interesting. He talked about how it helped his students absorb the information better. Honestly, I think I would have to agree. I had a class last semester that instead of a textbook, we read a graphic novel, which is similar to a comic. The graphic novel was much more engaging and interesting than any textbook would have been. It was so much easier to read and visually engaging. Graphic novels also made it so much easier to understand. I was able to connect with the characters in the novel, understand their journey and the story, and I definitely remembered more from the novel than I would have from a textbook. 

"How Comic Books Can Make Kids (and Adults) Smarter" via YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...