Saturday, October 17, 2020

Week 8 Review

I found the meme about writing very relatable. When I have to write an essay for a class, or sometimes even when I'm writing a story for this class, I tend to overthink everything and have trouble trying to come up with what to put on the page. I have trouble just making my hands write the words and not think about it. I also second guess on the best way to phrase a sentence so that it sounds nice. Once I get started on my writing though, I can usually just let the words flow and I can get it done. One of my biggest issues with writing is when I have to write a ton of information for one assignment, like a five-page research paper. Writing shouldn't be defined to a certain amount of words or pages. I feel as though the quality of the writing is more important than a word count. However, I can struggle with finding inspiration for my writing. I need to learn to get out of my own head and just write!


The video about sleep spoke to me a ton. Due to my heart condition, I need more sleep than the average teenager. The video used 7 to 8 hours as the staple amount of sleep for others. In my case, I usually need around ten hours of sleep a night minimum to feel restored. I already know what happens when I don't get enough sleep. I get very cranky, struggle to stay awake, and can even have a seizure. Thankfully, I haven't had a seizure in over ten years, and I always try to get a good night's sleep. I even wrote a research paper in high school about how high schools should begin classes later in the day, instead of the traditional 8 a.m., due to teenagers' developing brains, how teenagers' minds are actually programmed to stay up later, and teenagers' brains not being fully alert until about 10 a.m. While colleges and universities are usually pretty good about understanding the importance of their students' sleep, I wish more high schools around the country could understand the value of starting later in the day for their students.

"What Would Happen If You Didn't Sleep?", via YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...