Sunday, October 25, 2020

Week 9 Review

I liked the photo that talked about daydreaming. People sometimes criticize daydreaming because it shows signs of being "out of it" or not paying attention to the world around them. I honestly don't see a problem with it. Daydreaming gives people the opportunity to let their imagination run wild. Everyday life can be stressful, and there's nothing wrong with taking a few moments to clear your mind and think about other things. Unless you're doing something important or something that really requires attention, like driving, daydreaming can be a great stress relief and allows the mind to work freely. 

Daydreaming Photo, via Tuesday's Course Announcements

The pen drumming video was so much fun! I did percussion in middle school and high school, and while I never played the drums during class, I would do some mindless pen drumming in class, even today. I've always loved music, and listening to him layer different sounds together to create music was pretty incredible. It brings me back to high school when we would sing a capella of random words and syllables to create music. A group of guys, which included me and my brother, did an a capella version of the "Twelve Days of Christmas" one year for our Christmas concert. I've also done an a capella jazz circle during a choir camp, and this video brought back those fun memories of those activities.

"Pen Drumming" via YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...