Thursday, August 27, 2020

Introduction to Assignments

I'm looking forward to the storytelling assignments. I think putting a twist on various classic stories will be a lot of fun. The reading portion of the class is pretty similar to those in my other classes. I've done a little bit of blogging with other classes, but not as much as we will in this class! 

I'm also excited to write my own Storybook! I write all the time as a public relations major, but most of it is in essay form. I've written a few research papers and essays on more formal topics. I think the storybook can allow me to be more free in my writing and let my imagination fly. The storybook will give me an opportunity to be more creative and write compelling stories. 

The Storybook will give me an opportunity to do more independent work. Throughout my public relations studying, I've done several projects, but almost all of them were done in a group capacity. Writing my own storybook will allow me to write what I want to write and create a story that is interesting to me and others. 

There are a few extra credit opportunities that sound pretty enjoyable. The Wikipedia Trails seem like it would be fun! I've done almost the same thing as a game; players would be given one Wikipedia page as a start, then they have to make their way to an ending Wikipedia page utilizing only hyperlinks found within the various pages. Checking-in and connecting would be very helpful to help decompress from stress. I get stressed out easily, but having a place where I could listen to different music videos could help me stay calm. Hopefully this will be a fun semester as I get closer to graduation!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...