Monday, October 12, 2020

Week 8 Reading and Writing

I think the reading and writing assignments are going okay for me. I like to write, and the readings have been pretty interesting. However, sometimes it can feel like a lot with two notes posts and writing a story each week, and I can feel a little burnt out with my creative juices. However, I think the story posts I have done was a job well done. I think my biggest accomplishment so far is getting my stories written in a short timespan. I tend to overthink assignments on whether I’m doing them well or not, but I think I’ve been able to not overthink my stories and just let my fingers type and come up with interesting stories. Doing notes posts for the readings have been very helpful; with my memory, I’m really bad at trying to remember stories and information for tests or any kind of memory recall. The notes help me a lot when writing my stories, because they help me remember the basic plot of the story, so I don’t have to read the story over and over to be able to write my story post.

Currently, I’m pretty satisfied with my writing for my Storybook. I love Disney, so I think the subject matter really helps keep myself engaged throughout the semester. I really love the cover photos for each of my pages. Being in Disneyland at night, in-person, is actually really beautiful with all the stars in the sky and the lights of everything nearby. I’m glad that I’ve found a way to use photos that I find very eye-catching and fun in a more mystical and scary way.


Photo of Big Thunder Mountain, via my Storybook


I really love this image because of the lights that emanate from Big Thunder Mountain. Big Thunder Mountain is one of my favorite rides, and Disneyland feels really magical at night. There aren’t as many people in the park, and seeing all of the neon lights and glowing toys in the stores makes it feel like I’m in a different world. Riding some of the slower, outdoor rides and looking up at the stars while going through is one of the most calming and peaceful feelings I’ve ever felt.


I think the one thing I need to do in the class is staying ahead of all of the readings and writing the stories. Reading the stories probably takes me the most time each week, and sometimes I get stressed out when I get behind on readings and have to do even more readings, which now take even more time, to stay on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...