Thursday, August 27, 2020

Time Strategies

 I'm usually pretty good about time management when it comes to schoolwork. I like to start and finish assignments early, and it helps keep my stress level down. In addition, starting early allows time for asking questions and for clarification to ensure I'm doing everything properly. That way, I won't have to redo a whole assignment a day before a deadline. 

The "Important Habit of Just Starting" gave me one huge piece of advice: don't worry about being perfect. I think I get this mindset from my dad, though thankfully I'm not as big of a perfectionist than he is. Fortunately, my mom keeps me grounded in my schoolwork and reminds me that I don't need to be perfect when it comes to assignments. I'm thankful for my dad because his mindset helps me do good work, but I'm also thankful for my mom because she makes sure I don't get too hung up on one small detail and to just keep going. 

I try not to procrastinate, but I think everyone falls victim to it at some point. Caroline Webb's article, "How to Beat Procrastination", gives great advice on how to ensure things don't get put off but get checked off the to-do list. Similar to my thoughts on Growth Mindset, the article mentions to "visualize how great it will be to get it done", which is something my mom says to me all the time. I always seem to feel anxious about future assignments and things that I need to get accomplished while on a deadline, but once I finish, I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders.

I sometimes am paranoid about whether or not I'm a "successful" person, but after reading the article from Business Insider, maybe I'm more successful than I think! While I will admit I can get distracted from time to time, I do my best not to procrastinate and keep my week scheduled out on what to get accomplished each day. One of the most important things I read was not to forget about the weekend. Just like visualizing getting things done, knowing that good things are coming during the weekend provides that extra push to keep going. The weekend feels so much better knowing everything that should be done, is *actually* done. So schedule when to get things done, keep on pushing, and just remember: time scheduled out is time well spent

"Time GIF" via Giphy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: A Rocky Rescue

Brother and sister Mat and Sharn walked through the forest. They were going to their secret hideaway, a beautiful spring deep in the trees. ...